AN IMPROV ESL CLASS CELEBRATING SAYING WHAT YOU THINK TO GET WHAT YOU WANT! (Course designed by ESL Instructor Ruth Schowalter and Improv Teacher Lesly Fredman)

Thursday, April 5, 2012

MARIA GABRIELA URDANETA (Homework #1)

Reflection
 The experience was really good. Despite that it was something new for me because I had never done it before, I think that I did a good job.  In each scene, first, I started talking with people who I chose about any topic already with the emotion that I wanted to show such as frustration, curiosity, excitement, so on. In that way, it was easy to say my prompts with the emotions that I chose for each one.
One thing that surprised me was in two of the scenes that my prompts was out of context in the conversation, and the girl  who I was talking to  didn’t know about the assignment and she received that without any bad comment, and we continued talking for around 20 minutes more. I believe that was really successful because I think I followed the rules of improvisation and not only I, the people who I was talking too. They received my ideas and made me look good unconsciously the same as I did.
The most difficult emotions to show people so that they could understand my intention was frustration because they confused that one with sadness. In my opinion, to show frustration was really hard for me. On the other hand, the most important thing that I did to communicate my intention was starting each conversation with the same emotion that I wanted to project my prompt.
Remember! Always make your partner look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment