AN IMPROV ESL CLASS CELEBRATING SAYING WHAT YOU THINK TO GET WHAT YOU WANT! (Course designed by ESL Instructor Ruth Schowalter and Improv Teacher Lesly Fredman)

Thursday, April 5, 2012

ELHAM ALNEAIMI (Homework # 2)


Spending class time at the Culture festival in Georgia Tech was an amazing idea. We have engaged with many people from different cultures which give us the opportunity to talk to people, make up conversations, and have fun. I really liked what we did and I am very satisfied with the results even though I did a lot of mistakes.
However, our task was to talk to more than three people from different cultures than ours. For me, my first try was really disappointing since the first participant was not exicted as much as I was; he was completely not interested and his answers were so brief. I did not lose hope and decided to give it another try when the result was nothing like the first.
The second participant was familiar with what I was saying about my culture since he has a brother that lives there. He was totally enthusiastic to share me what he knows and that gave the enthusiasm to complete what I began.
The third participant was a native American  English speaker that have been to many different parts of the world but the United Arab Emirates. She had a brief background about it, and she was amazed by the information that I shared with her. She kept talking and asking questions which made me really comfortable and happy.
The last two participants were good. They did listen to me and gave me some of their time, but they did not interact with me. Even though I was disappointed at first, as the time was going on, I found it interesting and fun to stop people using the skills. I consider this task as one of the most important tasks that I have ever done; it is puzzling, interesting, and challenging.
Remember! Always make your partner look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment