AN IMPROV ESL CLASS CELEBRATING SAYING WHAT YOU THINK TO GET WHAT YOU WANT! (Course designed by ESL Instructor Ruth Schowalter and Improv Teacher Lesly Fredman)

Thursday, April 5, 2012

FATEMA ALMAZROUEI (Homework #2)

Reflection about cultural fest:
I met three people in the cultural fest, but before I approached  them I was nervous and shy. The first person who I talked with was kind and helpful. We shared some information, and at the end, she gave me advice where can I find people. I tried to go to the place where I can talk to the people, but I couldn't because they run away when I just say hello.
GT CULTURE FEST

Therefore,  the teacher helped me to speak to the other two people. And they were really friendly, and so I spoke with them comfortably. I tried to use the improv skills like saying yes and listening, but I forgot about the intention and trunk movement.
The experience was very valuable because I got to know new information. I think the more I practice speaking, the more I can improve my speaking and improv skills. I need some time to talk to people because I cannot approach people suddenly. That is why I was nervous and scared to talk to the people at the cultural fest. Finally, I enjoyed the cultural fest and I got some positive reflection.
Remember! Always make your partner look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment