AN IMPROV ESL CLASS CELEBRATING SAYING WHAT YOU THINK TO GET WHAT YOU WANT! (Course designed by ESL Instructor Ruth Schowalter and Improv Teacher Lesly Fredman)

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

CIRO ESPINOZA (Homework # 1)

PROMPTS.
/ae/ - You are really bad! Yesterday I left my braves cap on your car and you didn’t say anything. (Disappointed/Happy)

/a/ - Do you think that if I throw this rock it will hit the top of that stop sign? Or maybe somebody will mock me because I throw really oddly. (Suspicious/Sad)

/u/ - That woman did it good. She has just put on her hood because it is starting to rain and she doesn’t want to be in a bad mood. (Angry/Amazed)
REFLECTION.
This homework was really funny! I had the opportunity to perform my prompts with some friends and with people who I barely knew. I think I was able to use the rules of improv very well, in fact if I hadn’t had those rules in mind I probably would have failed. I’m not use to interacting with people in the way I did, especially with people who I don’t know well. However, using the rules of improv it wasn’t that hard, I just said “what the heck let’s do this” and jumped into scene jeje. It was very funny when some of the people thought that I was crazy (especially my friends jaja) because I was acting weird saying things that should be bad in a good way or vice versa (as in the first prompt when I did it happy or the third when I performed it angry). Anyways I received everything that they said to me and tried to extend the scene the most that I could, usually until I could hold my laughs. I think that I’ll try to use these rules more often in my daily life.
Remember! Always make your partner look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment