AN IMPROV ESL CLASS CELEBRATING SAYING WHAT YOU THINK TO GET WHAT YOU WANT! (Course designed by ESL Instructor Ruth Schowalter and Improv Teacher Lesly Fredman)

Thursday, April 5, 2012

ABDULLA ALSHEHHI (Homework #1)


1 /au/: Now that the crowd is about to leave downtown, I have to stick around the house.
( happy / frustrated )


2 /ae/ : The bad fat man laughed for half hour, so I left the class.
( angry / suspicious )

3/u/ : Your two new boots and my new suit are really beautiful.
( Excited / business like )

 I really think that rules of improve are rules for live this is what I learned from these rules. Make mistake, is a rule that encourage us to make wrong or stupid things, but in the end we will learn a lot of things. Rules of improve toughed me that fun is how much you try to do new things and you do it. Trying to do new things is like breaking your boundaries to create new ones which can accept the other person, but more importantly you can discover your abilities and your personality. Understanding your personality will make it easier to communicate with native Americans because you will understand the way you feel(reactions) when you approach someone and you will overcome this feeling. I really believe improve speaking is a good way to discover your self.


Remember! Always make your partner look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment