AN IMPROV ESL CLASS CELEBRATING SAYING WHAT YOU THINK TO GET WHAT YOU WANT! (Course designed by ESL Instructor Ruth Schowalter and Improv Teacher Lesly Fredman)

Friday, March 30, 2012

FATEMA ALMAZROOEI (Homework #1)


/Ɛ/: Ohh! I’m dead! I haven’t read the assignment yet! What shall I do?! I feel threatened! I regret skipping the work. I’m really upset about my behavior.

/Ɔ/ Oh God! It’s loud. Let’s walk and talk outside. Oh ya can you check for the clock so we can go back on time. By the way when is your last shot? I know it is kindda odd to ask you, you know.

/ou/ Oh no. I didn’t take notes, so can I borrow what you wrote. I am afraid I’ll get a zero!

Heeheh,  the experience of acting up a made up scenario with different people was worth it, and in THE FIRST PROMPT with tired and frustrated expression, I got what I expected her to reply like she was trying to boost  my spirit up through giving me hope and believing in me. However, I failed to continue the conversation because I was blocked by the solution, even though I tried the skills.While for the same prompt and with different emotion which was angry, I got the response that I wanted like calming me down and giving me advice. The improvisation really worked, and I can feel the change of my expression, but I failed to keep the conversation up. ):

FOR THE SECOND PROMPT, my expression was excited. Unfortunately, the conversation was regular not that seems to be that excited but the good side that the conversation was going on. In contrast, the other emotion that I was tired my friend was wondering what's wrong with me why I am asking her like that, it is another failure but a good experience.

FOR THE FINAL PROMPT. For the first emotion when I was sad my friend reacted to me with sadness and willingly she wanted to give me but she was confused because she does not share any class with me, that was impressing, but  I still could not keep the conversation going. However, when I did it with my other friend where I was happy she was happily to give me and I carry on with her the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment